Our Shaker Data Protection Policy refers to our commitment to treat information of employees, customers, stakeholders and other interested parties with the utmost care and confidentiality. With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data fairly, transparently and with respect towards individual rights.
This policy refers to all parties (employees, job candidates, customers, suppliers, etc.) who provide any amount of information to us.
3. Who is covered under the Data Protection Policy?
Employees of our company must follow this policy. Contractors, consultants, partners, and any other external entity are also covered. Generally, our policy refers to anyone we collaborate with or acts on our behalf and may need occasional access to data.
4. Policy elements
As part of our operations, we need to obtain and process information. This information includes any offline or online data that makes a person identifiable such as names, addresses, usernames and passwords, digital footprints, photographs, social security numbers, financial data, etc. Our company collects this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. We do not gather personal data from other sources. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply.
- Our data will be:
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only.
- Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries.
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties.
- Our data will not be:
- Communicated informally.
- Stored for more than a specified amount of time.
- Transferred to organizations, states, or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies.
- Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities).
In addition to ways of handling the data, the company has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically, we must:
- Let people know which of their data is collected.
- Inform people about how we’ll process their data.
- Inform people about who has access to their information.
- Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted, or compromised data.
- Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases.
Cookies and Technologies
To exercise data protection, we’re committed to:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data.
- Train employees in online privacy and security measures.
- Build secure networks to protect online data from cyberattacks.
- Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse.
- Establish data protection practices (document shredding, secure locks, data encryption, frequent backups, access authorization, etc.)
6. Privacy Questions
What personal data do you collect?
Our analytics tools collect personal data such as anonymized IP addresses, browser information, and operating system details through cookies, as well as data you voluntarily provide when using our contact form, which is securely stored in our database. This information will help us improve our services and respond to your inquiries.
Who else has access to my data?
Only authorized personnel have access to your data. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
How do you protect my data?
We employ strong encryption methods, secure servers, and comprehensive cybersecurity measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, and destruction of your data.
How can I access, update, or delete my personal data?
You can request access, correction, or deletion of your personal data by contacting our support team. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
7. Disciplinary Consequences
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed. A breach of data protection guidelines will invoke disciplinary and possibly legal action.